North Somerset Para 55
A planning application has been submitted for an exceptional 10,000 square foot Para 55 dwelling on a sloping site in the Mendip Hills, Area of Outstanding Beauty (AONB).
The site is located within an existing loose knit settlement which is visually separated by a treebelt extending down the hillside.
The visual context of the site is consequently working agriculture so we have explored the language of agricultural buildings in the development of this exceptional dwelling.
In association with:
- Location: Somerset
- Planning Authority: Banes
- Consent: Designs under development
- Type of Project: Para 55 New Build
- Build Program: 14 Months
- Gross Internal Floorspace: 930m²
- Cost: £2m
- Status: Application in progress
- 10 kW Photo-voltaic system
- Hydrogen generator & solid fuel cell storage
- MVHR heat recovery ventilation system
- Eddi PV to DHW technology
- Li-ion battery storage
- 220v Voltage optimisation
- Joule thermal store
- Rainwater harvesting
- Triple glazed
- LED lighting throughout
- Passive solar design
- Super insulated (300mm thick) timber frame building
- U-values of 0.12 W/M²K
- Locally sourced materials
- 24 kWh/m² annum heat load
- 80 kWh/m² primary energy consumption
- EPC: predicted A/A
Such an amazing site for a very special house!
Hawkes Architecture look forward to seeing this creation get built.
James Williams - Project architect
Website Content © Hawkes Architecture